Whispering Heart: Traffic Cross Junctions and Singaporeans DON'T MIX!!!
  • Windows at height
  • Above the world in awe I stand
  • Horizon’s end my vision extend
  • Lights like fairies twinkle in night
  • Silences in hearts, whisperers hide.
  • Mirrors blur, reflects my soul
  • Unease tempers, feelings untold
  • Comfort of home, bodies unknown
  • Seeking a peace heaven bestow.
  • High in the sky, yet still faiths denied
  • Glimpses of The peace, hopes & light
  • Birth rights entails, time to an end
  • Return to dust, hour Not yet at hand.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Traffic Cross Junctions and Singaporeans DON'T MIX!!!

Well just wanted to share on something last week. When I was heading for Funan IT Mall in the evening, I was literially 'crossed' over by something the totall blew my mind. I then realised that Singaporeans and Traffic lights Cross Junctions don't go together. Or for any junctions or crossing points for that matter.
Well it all started at the cross junctions between Peninsula Plaza, Funan, The St Andrew's Cathedral and Al Dephi(Thinks thats how its spell, but knowing me, its probably wrong..hehe). So the road from SAC/Al Dephi to Funan/PP was a one way and from SAC/PP to Al Dephi/Funan was a one way to in that other of traffic flow. So the side of SAC/Al Dephi was closed up till only one land, probably due to the NPD reheresal. So I was on the side of Funan/PP trying to cross from PP to Funan. The traffic lights on the other two roads started the 'GREEN MAN' so as everyone would expect that road's pedestrians should start walking...right? Well guess what!!!.......all FOUR LANES started walking!!!..I mean all pedestrians just decided we should CROSS THE ROAd regardless which 'GREEN MAN' was flashing!!!.....
I actually really REALLY just stood there in amazing that everyone was walking except for a few of us still knowing the rules of the lights...haha..it was really crazy. Everyone was walking then a car from the SAC/Al Dephi was desperately manuvering in between the masses of people, and the people(worst of all) actually stared at the driver like saying "HELLO I AM WALKING HERE"...haha..when its the vehicle's right of way.
That day was really crazy. Well not like we have not seem jay walking but so in syncho with the traffic lights of the OTHER ROAD???? hahahaa..my first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home